About the business and the role
The Passive Fire Company has a role for an Estimator in our Tauranga office. This is a challenging but rewarding position. We have a strong pipeline for 2018, and that leaves us with a busy office. We are a small team in the head office, with a dedicated team servicing our clients.
You would definitely come from a construction background, with experience in pricing gib lining and stopping. Having an understanding of passive fire protection and intumescent coatings would be beneficial.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Prepare estimates
- Review tender documentation
- Conduct Takeoffs
- Prepare accurate cost estimates and quoting
- Liaise with client managers and different disciplines
- Maintain cost awareness
- Prepare monthly payment claims
- Be able to track and manage Variation Orders, produce breakdowns and supporting documentation to support payment claims.
- Provide assistance to project teams in respect of project specific costing and budgeting.
- Be able to produce productivity reports
- Assisting work teams to develop improved methods of carrying out works and increased costs and time efficiencies.
Skills and experience
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, it is also critical that the successful candidate will have the following:
- Qualifications in Quantity Surveying, Estimating or similar.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience within the construction industry.
- Proven knowledge of estimating including identifying cost options and preparing quotes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job benefits and perks
We are a small team and have a friendly work environment.
You will be working in a growing and dynamic industry
Be involved in a variety of Large and smaller sized commercial projects
This will be a Long-term career opportunity for the right person.